Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Monday Funny - A heart warming Christmas story

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by pvda, Dec 19, 2005.

1. During the Christmas season, the Post Office assigns a person whose only job is to process all the mail with non-existent addresses, such as to Santa.

One day, a letter came to his desk, addressed in a shaky handwriting, to God. He thought he should open it to see what it was about. He opened it and read:

Dear God:
    I am an 93 year old widow, living on a very small pension.
    Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension check. Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with, I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope.

Can you please help me?

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to his co-workers.

Each of them dug into his wallet and came up with a few dollars. By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which he put into an envelope and sent to the woman.

The rest of the day, all of the workers felt a warm glow because of the kind thing they had done.

Christmas came and went. A few days later, another letter came from the old lady, addressed to God. All the workers gathered round while the letter was opened. It read:

Dear God,
    How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me?
    Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends.

We had a very nice day and I told my friends about your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was $4 missing. I think it must have been those thieving bastards at the Post Office.

2. Oh, Paul, you are a wicked man, YOUR stocking will DEFINITELY be full of coal on the 25th.
    :LOL: :LOL:
  3. At least I'll be warm :LOL:
  4. Looks like it was taken from a page of the book on cynical lessons in life: "No good deed goes unpunished!".