Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Monash Tolls Aftermath - Groups meet Citylink

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Mouth, May 31, 2005.

1. Very little news from the groups that met Citylink yesterday (Monday) and certainly no fanfare of information or 'win' announcements. No surprise there ... I guess the meeting was as unnecessary as the protest itself! :D

The VMU has a summary of the meeting on their website.

The MRA has a news entry that just tells you to go to their forum, but the forum topic is private and requires login. Hahahaha ... link a news entry on the public website to a private/login-required forum topic. NFI those guys! :roll:

Citylink has a media release just prior to the meeting on their website.

Citylink says VMC (what a joke!), BMW Club (Vic), and Ulysses are going to be at the meeting, but likewise nothing from any of these groups.

Yup, yup, yup ..... seems the meeting was as un-necessary and un-interesting as the protest. :roll:

2. Further to that the MRA Pres Dale Maggs is posting the Citylink Media release without any comment.

Did the MRA actually attend the meeting or do they not know how to comment?
  3. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Just read the vmu release, how come no one from the VMU raised any of that, actually during the meeting

You gotto love the A&M Appreciation society.

The VMU's entire input was apparently this

were going to "act like adults on this matter and are not opposed to tolling."
  4. Now now Gavin............

He said, she said...... I think that both lobby groups should just hurry up and fcuk off.

Victoria will never have any real representation, not from the VMU, not from the MRAA, not from the VMC, not from VMAC.....no one is capable of representing riders rights.

You are all too busy pulling your own cocks and point scoring amongst yourselves to put any effort into lobbying for riders rights.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  5. Awww cmon vic

Even your post on the MRAA forum was as bad :) :)

Vic I do agree it's time for a MCCVictoria, problem is too much bad blood around.

if a certain core group of individuals dropped out of sight/mind/and hearing then maybe something could rise and take off..
  6. being whom exactly the MRA?
  7. Kindly point me to that post Gavin.
  8. Firstly a summary was placed up of the meeting by derek, I spoke to derek and he wasnt aware that it couldnt be acessed public , he placed it in the wrong section instead of the general topic.
    so that explains that, Derek also gave me permission to place up the summary he wrote ; as below

9. If citylink try and pull that one, I'll do the protest ride in a g-string. :LOL:
  10. Doesn't Derek know how to post to the forums?
  11. Things are looking bleak for motorcyclists people. :(

Not only are we dying in increasing numbers (please, no disrespect intended with this comment) but I am now shocked to hear about the 20tonnes of road rubbish!!!!!

As for the EasterLink, DAMN, that is just wrong.
  12. Call me dumb, but I fail to see how calling meetings, protesting and generally letting the beurocracy that their current plans are unfair is a bad thing or waste of time.

I think most people would be happy enough to pay a toll but with a net cost substantially lower than a car. One way to "negotiate" that type of deal is come in heavy handed (having a zero cost to riders policy) and then relent a little to meet them half way.

Kinda like bargining in Bali. LOL
  13. yeah i agree to a point, people need to work together a little better if we are going to get anything done.

i look at mc groups these days and divide and conquer pops to mind :evil: :evil:
  15. What happened to groberts post?
  16. I see it.
    It's right there above some other posts about 1000 words long.
  17. He posted 2 . The 2nd has vanished.
  18. go groberts post again :)
  19. Now now boys,

This has been a crappy week with alot of slagging. If it was removed, let it go. :)
  20. So, what WERE the outcomes? Or am i being thick?