Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mods - Shortening up URL's some help is required

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by scooter, Sep 6, 2005.

1. I have noticed that lately a lot of peeps are displaying the full web address when posting a weblink.

When the address is very long it ends up messing up the whole thread, making it a pain to attempt to read through.

The alternative ( url = web address) brief description ( /url ) seems to be too hard for some to grasp.

Is it possible to have this happen automatically when the URl button is selected? It would certainly help.

Thanks in advance.
    :?

2. Truth be told I only just worked out how to do the thing you suggest. So yeah, it is too hard for some unless you know the trick.

A button that automatically formats the link to that style would be great. Is there a list of these tricks for people to use?

3. Gold :LOL: :LOL:

4. Love the conversion URL site Marty, where do you find all this stuff!

The best way for shorturl's

URL text

Not real hard to copy and paste.

5. If I can work it out all by myself then any puder illiterate person should be able to do it as well :p