Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

mods help

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by finplan, May 13, 2007.

1. :( Is there anywhere in sydney where u can take your bike ans have a mechanic/tutor give guidance in stripping and rebuilding/mods to your bike...There used to be places way back for cars etc. I dont have the knowhow for bikes and i want to build my old gsxr up
    Tony :)

2. Get your hands on Haynes manual, everything is laid out plain and simple with lots of pics, it doesn't get any easier than that.
  3. Mate you dont know me "dumb Ass"..failed blocks in kindergarten..need to be led.
  4. Some mechancis will let you hang around while they do the service on your bike. So you can at least gain some knowledge that way.

By the time someone shows you how to rebuild an engine, they may as well have done it themselves. If you are wanting to constantly rebuild engines, go to TAFE and do a mechanics course or buy the manual

Good luck with it all
  5. just get stuck into it
    go to wikipeida and type how and engine works.
    Im talkin realy simple stuff u need to understand how something works if u plan on modifying it.