Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"modifying" draggin chinos..

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by paynebrody, Jan 21, 2010.

1. gday guys,

iv had a pair of khaki draggin chinos for a while but they are super loose on my chicken legs even though they are a good fit around the waist. im planning on getting them altered (that is narrowing the legs and shifting the kevlar knee patches upwards). has anyone else had this done? its probably a poor idea but i doubt they will help in a slide as they are, the kevlar would end up spinning around the back of my knees..

2. Why not get some knee armour instead? You won't have to worry about the Draggins ripping up and you won't have to alter them.

If you really want to alter them then my hunch is to try asking Draggin first about alterations.
  3. I would ask Draggin to alter them, they are pretty good at what they do.
  4. I have the same problem, chicken legs that is, but I find the extra room very handy when I'm wearing knee guards (which is the path I would suggest you follow).

As above, if you decide to get them altered, get Draggin to do it, at the very least you want someone who understands motorbike safety gear doing the work, and if they refuse, it's probably with good reason.

I know there are custom leathers, but does anyone make custom textile pants??