Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured NSW Modify/derestrict a LAMS bike?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by CrazyCam, May 17, 2015.

1. Hi folks.

OK, not a standard de-restrict thread, but <shrug>

I bought a Cagiva Raptor 125, basically a Mito, but without the fairings and discomfort.

The very few that were brought into Oz were all, as far as I can establish, restricted ones for the UK market.

They had a blockage in the exhaust system and a different main jet in the carbie, which limited them to 13 bhp, to comply with some Pommie learner rule.

It was pretty painful riding the wee thing home, with only 13 horses....

Anyhow, a new spannie and stinger and a change of main jet soon got it back to it's non-restricted power.....
    about doubling the available grunt! :)

The bike was originally, of course, LAMS approved, and, by my calculations, still is, even with the "official" 19 kw output, like a Mito.

AFAIK, I really don't actually have to officially notify anyone like the RMS about this.

However, I have to be honest and I don't really think a stinking hot two-stroke 125 is really that suitable for a learner.

Any thought, folks?

2. Keep your mouth shut and hit the gas

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ride it like you stole it, or before you de restricted it

Ride it like you are walking at a fast pace

4. Just ride the crap out of it and deny any knowledge

• Like Like x 1