Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Modifiying a 2000 Suzuki SV650s. Advise???

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by BLST1C, Jun 11, 2010.

1. G'day guys & gals,

I'm new to the sight and biking in general.
    Bought my self an 2000 SV650s zuki,
    Its got a Remus can on it at the moment, just wondering if there is anything else I can do to perk it up a bit more???
  2. in terms of power or bling?
    if you are chasing more power, you should of bought a diffrent bike. but the sv650s are a decent commuter. i would just ride it as it is, and enjoy that low down poke that you get from the vtwin, and the zorst note that it makes.
    you could add a k&n or BMC air filter, but you will get very little power increase, if any.

according to wiki, you could change the suspension a bit and rejet the carbs for a bit more poke.. but with a stock set of pipes with a can, i probally wouldent bother.

3. Check out svdownunder.com too for australian SV stuff.

I had the same model and changed the rear shock to zx10r, revalved front suspension, exhaust, ignition retard mod, exhaust, bmc air filter, rejet on dyno, plus the usual bling mods like fender eliminator, indicators, tinted screen, bar ends, etc. Best bang for buck mod is zx10/gsxr shock replacement, 100-150ish for the shock and if you get the right one (details on svdownunder) its a straight swap in.
  4. Saw this on ebay.

Good job of updating the look of the older SV650S.
  5. Thanx guys, appreciate the advise.
  6. I've got the same model, and I've done:
    - Intiminator fork inserts (same effect as re-valving the forks),
    - Fork brace,
    - lowered handlebars (i have the naked),
    - raised footpegs,
    - cut the rubber off the footpegs (there are metal teethed grips like the GSXR underneath),
    - ignition retard mod,
    - Yoshi shorty exhaust,
    - oggy knobs
    - hard luggage bolted onto a spare pillion seat (can swap on and off)
    - upgraded headlight bulb

And then bling - de-stickered, various mirrors over the years, barends... that's all my bling actually.