Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD Modification laws..

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by DerekL, Sep 13, 2011.

1. I'm doing up an RG250 and have run into a bit of trouble with modification.

The bike came unregistered. I want to use a different rear end and seat for it as well as put on clip ons, new headlight etc.

Now, I'm guessing I need to go about the 'approved persons' crap and get a modification for the seat and such?

Would it be better to get the bike running, put all the stock things on it (the stock rear end etc), getting road worthy and rego etc. and then doing the rear end modification?.. I know that's not terribly legal but how likely am I to get a fine or something for it?
  2. Anyone? I'm well aware it's a stupid question to be asking. But I really am unsure what to do in these circumstances.
  3. I think you know the answer to that one already. Get it back to stock (where you KNOW it's roadworthy), THEN do the mods you want to do with it.
    At least then, you'll know you're riding a roadworthy bike for a while, rather than starting from scratch with a modded bike and not being able to ride anything while you're trying to get it approved.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you both.

Justus - I have looked through your link before. Thought I better ask on here before I go ahead :)

I'll be going for the rego first and then will do the mods. Hope I don't get pinched for it.