Project One - Rear Indicators I've wanted to move the indicators to the flush mount position, rather than the ugly looking stalks since the day I got the bike. Today I finally decided I'd get onto it. Can't be too hard after all. Well, what did I get myself in for? A note to anyone who wants to start modding their own bike - WORK OUT EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING FIRST! Before photo: Basically, I winged it. Didn't think about how I'd do things, what I'd need. So first step, unscrew the painted lenses from either side of the tail light, and get to sanding the paint off. This is by far the most painful part of the job. 4 hours in total, with some 600 grade wet'n'dry, as to avoid scratching. I read some old posts that said you can get the lenses unpainted from places, but I decided to do it the difficult way Once they're all sanded back, give them a polish and put them aside. Step two involved removing the pillion grab rail and ducktail fairings. They get in the way, plus you need access to the mounting points which are attatched to them. I then took the screws off the covers of the indicator stalks, looked at the inside and thought how the f%^k am I going to do this? Being about 6.30 on a Sunday arvo there wasn't anywhere open to get anything in the way of wiring holders or globe mounts. Not to be deterred, I unscrewed the indicator stalks, cut the wiring to get them off the bike, and completely dismantled them. Much head scratching ensued, again. Mounting the globes themselves was the easy part. Small drill bit, a couple of holes and two screws had them securely mounted in their new locations. The problem came to actually getting the wires to stay in contact. All sorts of failed ideas (my brother-in-law suggested superglue, which doesn't work), and I ended up with a combination of solder and electrical tape. Possibly not the most permanent solution, but everything's staying in the right place. Bolt everything back on in it's right position, and admire my handiwork: After: No "during" photos, didn't think about posting it till after it was all done. I started about 3 o'clock this afternoon, finally got everything done about 10pm. A lot of trial and error involved, and definitely a gain in knowledge to plan your mods. Now to think about what to do next!