Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Mobile speed camera question...

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Cheeba, May 29, 2011.

1. This could well be a bit of a thick question but when a mobile camera car is parked up, what side of the road is it gunning for? Is the sensor in the rear and the camera in the front or vice versa? If I'm going along the road and the car is on the other side of the road is it checking me of the traffic on the same side? Cheers.

2. The camera is on the passenger side dashboard (shooting ahead through the windscreen) and the radar is mounted on the front bumper facing forward.

The radar will pick up traffic in either direction, coming toward or going past the camera car.
  3. If the camera's 'see' you before you see them and youre speeding, youre generally screwed..
  4. Thanks Heli. So if you are travelling towards the car they won't be able to get your plate if the camera is facing forward. I wasn't speeding but I always see the car there and hadn't been sure how they operate.