Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mobile Phone Advice needed

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ZX9rB3, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Hi all, can anyone recommend a no frills mobile phone that has a good organiser? What I need is a phone that will allow me to set meetings or appointments and set an alarm to go off every minute or so until I tell it to stop. I have a Samsung D500 and it has all the bells and whistles but it only goes off once so if I miss it, I miss my meeting. I hope that all makes sence. If anyone can recommend me a phone that does the above I would be grateful.

2. If you wanted simply the overall best phone (not including PDA-style phones) in terms of functionality, I'd have to recommend the Sony Ericsson K800i (or the slightly older K750i if you don't want a 3G phone).

That said, I cannot for the life of me think of a phone that lets you determine how often you should be reminded by an alarm.
  3. I've got a Nokia phone...... I don't know what type because the only numbers I can find on it are on the keypad but it's got a really cool little torch that you can use to see your keys in the dark....and it's got an alarm that has a snooze button. :grin:
  4. I've got the Sony Ericsson w810i and i love it :D

well, it has many many organiser thingys, i suggest going and speaking to someone at a phone shop.
  5. Haha, I knew this thread would turn into a "I dunno, but my phone does this!" thread. Poor bloke.
  6. I have a nokia 3120, It's about as basic as it gets - no camera ect.

I'm pretty sure the message alarm will go until it is turned off.

I paid $130 (or something like that for it) brand new and not locked to any networks
  7. I think most (nokia) phones have this feature - mine has it and its a $170 prepiad one - 6610i

the only thing im not sure of if it rings forever - it may just turn off after a minute of ringing - i really dont know sorry

Thats a image of it

If you are going to be typing alot of messages - it may be wise to buy a phone with a bigger keyboard. I have a fat hand so typing on the keypad is a bit time consuming (but not really hard :wink: )

EDIT - oops i forgot to mention - its kinda 1 (small) step up from a no-frills phone. It has a small camera but is too small to actually be useful.

hope this helps
  8. Thanks all, it looks like it back to a basic nokia. :)