Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mobile Mechanic Recommendation

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Christine, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Hi,

I am a reasonably new rider and recently took a spill when a car decided he had enough room next to me to drive into, and share, my lane off a side street in the wet.

I am wondering if anyone could recommend a good, honest, reasonably priced mobile mechanic to service the Kew area. I am unable to ride the bike to a workshop as the throttle cable is unattached (we replaced the handle bars as they were bent and the new ones appear to be longer than the last so I tried to re-route the cable)
    My main concern is the throttle cable and the radiator. We noticed the radiator was steaming and leaking moisture (the bike hadn't been turned on for a week if that makes any difference). On inspection we noted that the right hand side seems to be curved up. There are no marks anywhere on it (or the bike) to suggest that this happened in the accident so it's a bit baffling.

Many thanks in advance,
    Christine

2. I would of thought workshops offer a pick up
    Service , i dont know but maybe make a few calls..

3. Brett at madbiker does pick ups. Or he did in the past for my bike. Costs a bit though.
    http://www.madbiker.com.au/en/
    mick hone might be the closest to you. not sure if he does pick ups