Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mobile mechanic in Sydney?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by atacca, Mar 9, 2007.

1. First post here so g'day all

I bought my first bike a couple months ago, an '89 Suzuki GS500e and loving it. Problem is I went to start it this afternoon and it will not go. Started with the engine sounding like it wanted to go but wouldn't fire. Everything seemed ok that I could think of, petrol, spark plugs, fuel lines, had electrics. Couple of us tried to push-start it, it backfired a couple times and ran briefly once then stalled, then it refused to turn over, just making a ticking sound when the starter is hit.

If anyone has any ideas on what's happening I'd be appreciative to hear them.

Since the bike is at work still (Randwick), my question is if there is any mobile mechanics for motorcycles around? I rang around and checked up on the Yellow Pages but came up with nothing. The NRMA seemed to come the closest but wanted me to pay $300 to join up first.

I know I have the option of getting it towed to a service place but if there is an easier and cheaper answer I'd prefer that.

Thanks for any help guys.
  2. well the clicking is from your battery going dead.

But u should realy check the fuel again. Try spraying some fuel into the cyclinders or carbies or try doing the same with "Start ya bugger" which is basicly ether
    after u done that try to push start it with ether clutch half in or in like 3-5 gear
  3. Thanks for the reply.

So first step is to get a new battery. How do I go about spraying fuel into the cyclinders or carbies?