Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mobile Mechanic in Melbourne?!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Shelds, May 11, 2013.

1. Hi all, hope you're having a lovely morning :)

I have had my bike on charge, yet I cant seem to get it to start. Its been over a month since i've ridden it.

I called RACV and all they can do is replace the battery, or put air in the tyres?! I have replaced the battery relatively recently.

Does anyone know, or is anyone on here, a mobile mechanic servicing the Richmond area who wont charge an arm and a leg? My normal mechanic is in Ferntree Gully so its a bit hard to get my bike there when it wont start! Id love to know more about bikes to fix it myself, but unfortunately, I dont!

Thanks for your help!

2. if you are in RACV road side assist thingy you can get it taken to your mechanic on a truck.

3. Some workshops have a pickup service for a nominal fee....have you called your mechanic and asked??

4. Im not sure the racv towing would take it all the way to ferntree gully from richmond. I might do some research into local mechanics and see how much it would cost for them to come and grab it.
    Id just hate to pay loads if its something really simple to fix!