Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

mmmmmmmmmm Danica

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vic, Feb 16, 2009.

1. US F1 Team to race from 2010
    Paul Logothetis
    February 16, 2009 - 6:19AM

An American team will be racing in Formula One from 2010, and IndyCar driver Danica Patrick is a candidate to fill one of its seats.

USF1, which will be officially unveiled on February 24, will have a staff of at least 100, a working budget of 50 million euros ($A99 million) and an aim to put two American drivers on the starting grid.

The team is looking at testing out a number of candidates, especially the 26-year-old Patrick.

"She's great. She gets a lot of press," USF1 technical director Ken Anderson said.

"I don't know if it's something she wants to do. We'd certainly love to test her and go from there."

NASCAR driver Scott Speed, who raced 28 times for F1 team Toro Rosso from 2006-07, is also a candidate.

The team will be based out of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is currently looking for a secondary base in Europe, most likely sharing with Epsilon Euskadi's team headquarters in northern Spain.

Getting back into F1 was a no-brainer for Anderson.

"It's the biggest sport in the world and the biggest TV show in the world," he said. "NASCAR has just become a national sport, never mind an international sport."

With the global economic downturn, more independent teams are possible, especially since FIA president Max Mosley stepped in to reign in the costs with sweeping regulation changes and cost-cutting.

"Mosley had to step in and stop F1 from killing itself with the manufacturers throwing ungodly money and people and resources at it," Anderson said.

2. :shock:
    YUMMY !!
  3. I'm thinking Vic would like the opportunity to fill her seat...

When it comes to hot tom-boys, nothing beats Vicki Butler-Henderson and Sabine Schmitz ! :grin: . . . I think everyone else here would agree !!!
  5. Danm :shock:
    I bet she can Puuuuurr round that race track.
  6. How much do you idiots think you're going to see inside an F1 car! Might as well be Magda Szubanski for all the good it will do you.

(unless they introduce footwell-cam...)
  7. Interesting.

Whenever Americans try this a lot of them stay based in the US.

Given that it's predominently European they'd be better off basing themselves in the UK or Europe with the other teams.
  8. #8 Binda, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  9. On the list of World's Shortest Books

"Americans who've done something worth remembering in Formula 1"

It has one entry.

Mario Andretti

Its companion volume, "Americans who've bombed abysmally in Formula 1", on the other hand, is often mistaken for a volume of the Encyclopaedia Britannica :LOL:.
  10. #10 shaven, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    not bad options... But :shock:

11. You have to worry that every shot of here that is half decent is either highly photo-shopper or she is wearing ridiculous amounts of make-up.

Every shot on track has her wearing massive dark glasses.

I reccon some bloke is gunna wake up next to her in 10 years, after she's had a couple of kids and put on 20kg, and think "What was going through my head?"

Seriously guys, half the bogan chicks in Mt Druitt could look this good with the same amount of camera work and make-up.
  12. She's not wanking material but shes not that harsh on the eyes either :)
  13. Good point.... :grin: :grin:
  14. Unless she is wearing fire retardant mini skirts with a fire retardant g-string...you ain't going to see much in the footwell either :p

phong =P~
  15. In 2010, I'll get to see her in person in Pit Lane. I'll let you all know what she's like if she gets the ride :grin:
  16. Sorry was there any writing in your topic? i couldnt see it
  17. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa lolol :LOL: 1 less for the wank bank eh

18. Hmmmmm ...

Ok, test volunteer needed :LOL:

19. there's a headline in the SMH that is claiming she is the first woman in F1. Something in the back of my head tells me this is not true. I think there may have been someone back in the 80s. Anyone?