Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mitta Mitta Road (Omeo Highway) Conditions and Fuel

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mjt57, Nov 22, 2006.

1. I'm heading up to Tintaldra on Friday. It was to be with a group of mates going via Yarra Ranges, Mansfield, Beechworth, etc. But unfortunately I heard news today of a mate's son's passing. So Friday morning I'll be going to the funeral. Following that I'm heading straight to Omeo and up the Omeo Highway via Mitta Mitta, etc.

Now, I'm told by the Blue Duck hotelier at Angler's Rest that there is 27.7km of dirt. He couldn't tell me the "quality" of it as it pertains to road bikes, and in particular, heavy mothers like my Blackbird. So, I was wondering if anyone here has travelled that road recently, and if so, how is it?

Also, fuel. It seems that there is no fuel in any of the towns between Omeo and Tintaldra, if the Yellow Pages Online site is any guide. What exactly is in Mitta Mitta, if anything? It appears that I may have to detour back into Tallangatta for fuel, or go through to Corryong and back out to Tintaldra.

My preference is what gets me to the pub the earliest.