Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mitchkip gets a new bike! pics added :)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mitchkip, Mar 15, 2009.

1. So I went shopping in Sydney for a new bike, after checking all the dealerships and not finding anything cheap apart from a Hyosung 250 naked with bent bars for $3,500 I decided to check out the tradingpost.

Ended up finding a 2001 Suzuki GS500E (The naked one) for $3,500 neg.
    Went down to check it out and fell in love instantly, took it for a couple of spins around the block and knew it had to be mine.

Bloke who sold it to me was 100% genuine too, even knocking down $200 due to needing a battery, which I haven't needed to replace yet, having had it for only two days. Just topper it up with some water and it starts everytime.

It may have 50,000kms on it, but it's had a major service every year documented in the log books and it goes just beautifully! Rode it home from Sydney yesterday and continued riding it when I got home,

It's so nice to have something that looks nice, runs perfectly and feels big enough to last till my unrestricteds. Have to go get my P's now...

RIP Postie bike!

PS: I'm bad with imagelinks so just browse the gallery :)
  2. +400 ccs and and extra pot, sounds like a top upgrade to me :).
  3. Congrats on your newly acquired GS :)
    Now ... get some shots of the bike up before the pic police get ere :p
  4. Haha,

I'll get some pics up as soon as the housemates come home and show me how to use their crazy expensive camera, or when I get back from a ride up Lemontree Passage!
  5. Careful you don't scratch it. I've got a mate who upgraded from a 150cc POS to a GS500e and only had it for a week before he ran wide on a corner and did a quoted $1800 worth of damage to it.

Sounds like a nice bike. Don't break it.
  6. sweet :eek:
    PS thanks for covering up the postie bike so we didn't have to see that :grin: :grin:
  7. shit mate, not very secure parking
  8. I'll be moving the postie and chaining up the Suzi to the pole in the parking spot haha, that said I have full comp insurance that covers more than the bike cost if anything does happen to go wrong! :)
  9. Nice color too. I think that blue is the best color for the GS
  10. I want a rear hugger in the same blue, and maybe a front end fairing off an R1 or something..

Glad it's not yellow too, the blue is so much nicer.
  11. Sweet ride. Although can anything be done about those rusty exhaust header pipes?

I agree, blue is the best colour on those.
  12. Not sure, I want to clean them up as they're the only thing letting down the appearance of the bike. Must do some research on that, going over the bike witha fine tooth comb tomorrow, was thinking about some coloured instrument lights too, not sure about it though, I did get some brighter globes for them today so that should suffice.