Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Missing spoke

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by thecptn v1.1, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Picked up a spiffy 98 xt225 today and noticed that on the front wheel, a single spoke seems to be missing, always seems to miss some thing vital on purchase it seems, non the less, I am not riding it at the moment, looked online about lacing and truing a wheel, seems pretty straight forward, and spoke kits being cheap, Ive been considering replacing just one spoke and letting it be, how ever it was also mentioned that the other spokes could of been under greater stress so it's just best to change all of them, now I have searched around, but I cant find any thing about changing the spokes with the tire on, all the guides showed with a tire off, besides that, I have never re-laced a wheel, just hoping I can do this proficiently enough, or is it just best to have a shop just replace said spoke for a (hopefully reasonable price) any pointers?