Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Miss ZZR is right, God does love stupid people

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by folma, Aug 20, 2005.

1. God does love stupid people, he must do he made so efen many of them.

Well folks, in my days I have come across many a person, whom must at all costs, be part of the darwin awards.
    But todays effort was one of the best, well it would have been, if it had not have nearly taken me out while riding along minding my own bees wax at 80KPH

Mr, I want to win the Darwin awards, had been to his local hardware house, Bunnings what ever, and had purchased 2 new 4 self storage units. Even used his cage trailer. hmmm, sound cool so far.
    Didn't lay the units down did he. Didn't tie the efen things down either.
    Open trailer+ 80KPH= 2 x 4 shelved wings.

Yeh out they came, straight into the path, of one dumb motorcyclist.
    I missed them both, but I needed to head straight home and change my under pants.

Anyway I pulled up beside Mr, I Really want to win the Darwin awards.
    He had no idea that his new purchase of shelves was struin over the road
    And when he finally woke up, he looked totally dumbfounded as to why I would be giving him a mouthfull of abuse. Jeez some people are just efen brain dead I'm sure.
  2. Not tying them down thinking they would be OK...well that just leaves me speechless.

Cheers 8)
  3. Wow, you're a lucky guy. Can't trust anyone towing a trailer I reckon. Go buy yourself a lottery ticket!
  4. You see this shit everyday...Tradies with a ute full of crap not tied down, joe average with a trailer on the way to the tip...again not tied down or covered in any way...it's about time the police enforced this sort of stuff...I would hate to think what would have happened if they had collected you...

5. Your story is tame compared to Glitch's story.

Go on Pete, share with us your adventure and the washing machine?
  6. I just read that and winced :shock:
  7. tie down rope $1per/meter

look on folma face priceless

there is something money can't buy for everything else there's mastercard :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  8. you should of grabbed his rego number and reported him to the epa for littering, nice fine for his stupidity and less effort than filing a police report ;)

next time i see solid rubbish (ok, maybe not leaves and stuff) falling off a trailer i'd have no qualms in reporting them.
  9. In NSW there is a "dob in a dumper" hotline you can ring for just this sort of rubbish (!!), including to report the lazy sods who throw cigarette butts out the window of cars (an offence). If you can grab a number plate the EPA will send out a letter of warning, or an infringement notice if this is a second offence!
  10. On the subject, beware of travelling behind concrete agitators too. A blob or two of concrete falling off the back of the truck just after they have left a job could ruin your whole day.