Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Miscalculated the weather today

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by BIWOZ, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Just a nice, quiet Sunday "ride" with missus on the back. Knew it was going to be warm-ish, so put the neck coolers on and the Draggin' jeans, rather than the full riding pants.

Went to Fremantle, had lunch at Cicerello's. (Saw a sh!tload of bikes on the way there and back.)

Then, after lunch, walking back to the bike, suddenly realised I felt a whole lot hotter than I should have. (Max today was only a bee's willy over 35!) Started back up the coast and the wind was like a hairdryer on full blast. By the time we hit Hillarys Marina, I knew I'd overdone it. My judgment was off and my riding getting a bit raggedy. However, only a couple of (quiet) kays from there until home.

Pulled into the garage and divested my riding gear -- I was soaking wet underneath. Ditto with helmet. Di tells me she feels the same, says she's "never felt so hot on the bike" -- and we've been out in 40 degree heat!

Inside, aircon on, 6 good sized glasses of cold water down my neck and just collapsed in a chair, totally whacked. Took us both a good 30 minutes to start feeling human again.

Conclusion: Should have stopped and bought another bottle of water or ... better yet ... taken water with us -- which we always do -- except, for some reason, not today.
  2. You always carry water with you? Do you pee before you leave?

3. Yes ..... Yes :dance:
  4. anyone know what a pillion thinks of the rider wearing a camelbak?
  5. Hasn't been a problem for me and my wife at all. We went up to Kosciusko from Melbourne a few weeks ago and were both wearing them with no issues at all.

Unless she (or he :shock: ) is really all over you, it shouldn't get in the way at all.

Butz. :beer:
  6. My g/f's never complained, it actually helps keep her on her own seat instead of slipping onto mine :p
    And yes, that has happened too... brings you closer as a couple :LOL:
  7. good to know thanks
  8. Those mangy camle back spouts - ewww.
  9. Errm ... I just freeze a couple of bottles of water in the fridge, wrap 'em in a teatowel and chuck 'em in the Ventura bag. Longer trips = bigger bottles. \:D/