Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Stratos, Jun 12, 2006.

1. i just got a honda vt250. the bike has original mirrors.being tall,big block,can't see behind.where can i find bigger mirrors? or can i find longer stems?

2. I have the same problem with my vtr250 - I don't feel like I can see enough in my mirrors and seem to have to turn my head to get a view of anything much - that's aside from headchecks and normal look :) This is just the keeping track of everything around me looking, not the looking you're meant to do when you turn, change lanes etc :)
  3. We've been down this track many a time before, and it is a very important topic. IMHO if you can't see past your elbows, whatever the impact on the looks of the bike, you MUST get longer stemmed mirrors. You need to have the area directly behind you covered, and no amount of head-checking will do that...

Here's a sample, pulled at random, not expensive, and perhaps worth their weight in gold if they save you from an accident..