Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mini indicators

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by deafwish, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Two things....
    Firstly, whats involved in fitting the mini arrow shaped bulb indicators (not LED's)? I'm half allright with a soldering iron..... :p
    Lastly, does anyone use a bicycle computer on their m/cycle?
    If so, what brand and how much $$?
    Ta!
    Daz. :wink:

2. depends on the bike, but normally just unscrew the old indicator, unplug it and plug and screw the new one in.

i know ppls that have used them, 3 major things to look for (they'll all work, its just a matter of how well) *must go past 100kph *have good refresh rate *have backlight. i'd be thinking your looking over the $100 mark at least. i'll be looking around for something like this shortly, so hold off if you want someone else to do the footwork for you :LOL:

3. Easy, should be a straight swap with the standard ones (put that soldering iron away).

You can get them from a dealer (PS for example) or online.

4. Not on the SV it isn't, I had to cut the connectors off the old indicators and crimp bullet ends to them. But easy to do and a better job than insulation tape.

In regards to bike computer, try using the search function

check this thread, second post MartyH has posted a link

https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8534&highlight=computers

5. I'm now considering the LED's..... :roll:
    They are meant to be heaps brighter than the bulbs.
    How can you make them flash at a normal rate? I have seen a few bikes with them installed and they blink like crazy!
    Anyone know where i can get a good deal on a pair of arrow shaped LED blinkers?
    Daz. :wink:

6. Daz,
    The biggest problem facing led blinkers (and this is from someone who like the look of them) is that at night they are fantastic; during the day however, they aren't as bright as the traditional globes. Something to keep in mind. BTW a flasher cam will solve the blinking problem. Or if you are only changing over the rear globes, you can wire them to the front globes to slow them down.
    cheers
    Foxy

7. I gotta agree with foxy

Sir Skuffy has mini indicators on his bike and, while they look trick and are heaps visible at night, I felt that they were harder to see during the daylight while I was riding behind him (doesn't everyone ride behind him?)

Just my perception.

8. Orcus has them on his cbr600; if he pops up on the forum, ask him about them too.

9. I'm being told conflicting evidence then.....
    I was advised that the LED lights are FAR brighter than globes (we are talking mini's here, not OEM indicators). They now even use LED's on traffic lights and truck lights aswell. I think the new Statesman even uses LED's as tail lights!
    WTF?! :?

10. "Are they entirely legal?" is another question worth asking.

Don't ADRs specify that indicators need to be a certain size and distance apart?

Has anyone been booked for have these fitted?

11. commonly, the difference between the cheap ones and the more expensive ones is that the cheapies say they are really bright (and they might be) but their field of view is very narrow. When you look at them straight on in the shop, yes they are bright - when you put them on the bike and your mates/cagers etc see them from more than 5-10 degrees off axis, they can look like they are not even blinking.