Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Miller Rd Exit Outbound - Camera

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MV, May 23, 2013.

1. #1 MV, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    There is a rear facing camera there on the back of the sign, shouldn't be a suprise to anyone & it faces down the freeway, but doesn't get anyone exiting at Millers Rd, however, last night I noticed there had been some induction loops placed in the road on the off ramp...

May not related to the camera, but be careful!
  2. Thanks for the heads up...I'll have a geezer on the way back. According to google maps, the induction loops run across the ramp...so maybe they were just replacing/maintaining the current loop?

3. Looks like two boxes for four lanes? Maybe just traffic cams like the couple they put up on the Greaves Parade bridge?
  4. I'd say it's just like that to allow the cabling to reach the freeway edge.

If it's a box it's probably just a traffic counter.
  5. There's definitely a speed camera there, been done before by it, but it doesn't face the off ramp.

You could be right, I've never noticed loops there before, but it makes sense. The big tell will be if they put in another camera firing down the offramp!
  6. You're positive it was a fixed camera that got you? I've never been sprung by that one, and I generally get caught by cameras I'm not aware of
  7. (Woops wrong forum, sorry Hornet)

Yes, definitely fixed on the back of the sign (although in peak hour it would be impossible to get pinged by it in my experience).
  8. Well I've been driving that road for years, Newport to Caroline Springs, and I only ever slowed down for the Boundary Rd camera (after getting sprung by it like five times). Weird that I never got caught at Millers...
  9. Traffic in peak hour speeds up after the bridge, then slows down to about 40 for no reason past the camera, then back, then slow again past the Western Ring Road, lather, rinse, repeat.

Maybe you're just lucky? Mind you, it was some years ago I got pinged, I always check my speed there now. Or exit at Millers Road.
  10. The Millers road exit is a camera...everyone slows down there and hence the wave effect of slow vehicles! However I have never been pinged since I usually watch my speed through there, same with the Grieves Parade camera...someone even tagged one of the pillars on Grieves Parade bridge in bright yellow CAM.
  11. Guess I've just been lucky...suppose I rarely head West late at night, usually the other way around. Always slow down for the Grieves Parade bridge even though I'd heard it was a traffic cam only
  12. I have not been done by that one either.. however the Further out on Forsyth bridge, (1st hoppers crossing overpass) is a real bugger got me 3 times at 103 adj speed then i realised the speedo in my toyota was dead on even a little bit slower. expensive to find that out... needle shows 102-103 actually doing 106 on NAVIGATOR.