Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mike Rann interviewed by NZ TV3 about SA bikie laws

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Farab, Sep 30, 2008.

1. mixed reaction to this.
    i like my civil liberties but not a fan of some of the bikies handiwork.
  2. A free society does come with a few necessarry evils, that I'd rather have, than draconian legislation.
  3. Has an OMC member or members affronted you in some way?

Or is it the drug thing?
  4. I personally can't comment on any OMC - never done me any harm though...therefore their existence don't bother me.
    On the other hand draconian legislation does worry me!
  5. Fair enough.

I'm more scared of the legislation too. Everyone should be.

As I understand it, OMC members are largely reasonable blokes who don't do anything without cause.

And anyone who thinks they are a problem because of drugs, obviously has no idea of the scales of comparison between a couple of panniers with speed in them, and the shipping containers that customs and FedPol are profitably ignoring ^_^
  6. come to think of it they havnt,
    guess im still fumming over that dickhead in melbourne who went on a shootin spree.

Alot of peoples lives would be boring if it wernt for the constant supply of drugs,
    And from little that i hear they mostly mess each other up. (no sense in raising awarness i suppose.)