Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mid-life crisis at 200km/h

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Mouth, Mar 20, 2005.

1. That looks like randy
  2. I dunno but I don't reckon these guys would be that inexperienced to be doing a wheel stand at 125km\h...

and that idiot saying that bikes are too powerful and can do 280km/h....this is a ridiculous statement because most vehicles can break the speed limit...by how much is irrelevant....even my 250 can do 160km/h...this guy should be focusing on the rider not the bike
  3. Won't catch me doing that crazy stuff, you wouldn't get a second chance at life at those speeds.

I am from the safer side...
  4. Just like in the seventies the media beat up on GT falcons and GTS monaros, XU1's having too much power forced the governments hand to tell the manufactures to tone it down. Ruined a progression of some very nice vehicles like the phase 4 from ever reaching production.
  5. I live right on the Pacific Motorway, and when it isn't a car park, I haven't seen anything I haven't seen on the eastern in Melbourne. The speed limit is 110 for a while too, which means a lot of vehicles (inlcuding cars) overtake at about 120.

I tend to avoid it and take the twistier routes where possible anyway, the M1 is straight as die, might as well be on a bus. :roll:

I used to see almost the same article every year about the Monash Fwy when I lived in melb - all hyped news caused by a couple of louts that give everyone else a bad name. :?

Next week it'll be the story about the teens in beefed up cars doing illegal street drags... the news cycle continues. :idea:
  6. q-ride - it don't cure stoopid
  7. The problem is the idiots who go over the top on 2 or 4 wheels kill it for those who go a little quick at times or just pedal hard on good roads.
  8. Not sure if Q Ride is even relevant here, is it? I mean, it's a scheme for learner riders, isn't it? Unless I'm wrong, I take it that this article sounds like returning riders, or "born again bikers", which is a problem nationwide, let alone being a QLD phenomenom.

Whatever, there are some dropkicks out there who shouldn't be allowed near a bike. They make it harder for the rest of us who do try to do the right thing, at least in public, anyway.
  9. Must be comforting for guys in the 30 - 39 age group to know that they're middle aged, is that right Mouth?

Cashed up family men! Funny but the demographics of average Harley buyers is middle aged divorced men! Just can't see a harley doing any of that stuff!
  10. Your only as old as the woman you feel :p
  11. Not sure Sarah will be pleased you've just roped her into the middle aged category also!
  12. I think I got myself there ;) At least I've enjoyed the ride :D 32 today, 32 today!!! :D:D:D
  13. it aint me in that pic.. :wink:
  14. Cool well thats makes me 24 then and not applicable to this story

:LOL: :LOL:

Ps: even though that is a red VTR its not mine :p
  15. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: