Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Microsoft Live evil Hotmail Email shite

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Big Chris, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Hi all,
    my thunderbird setup couldn't retriveve my hotmail email,
    logged onto hotmail,
    the evil microsoft has invaded,
    is like the Borg,
    you be assismilated,
    had the account sice 11 Jan 2000,
    deleted now,
    F*CK Microsoft invading my email account.

2. The first two words of your second line tell the REAL story.....
  3. Keep sending emails here and all I get is the heading sent, not the email content.

I just assumed it was because I was capped..... but Hotmail has been known to do this from time to time.
  4. ???
  5. [his] thunderbird setup
  6. I assumed from the post that it had worked and didn't now, something changed at the server end...
  7. what about MSN trying to force you to download the new "live" version???? Ive reverted (temporaraly) to windows messenger. going to look up other messenging options instead.
  8. Two words G mail :wink:
  9. If you have several instant messenging accounts, try Trillian.
    One program, but you log into all your MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, AOL, Google Talk, Jabber, MySpace @ once

As for email. Very rarely use hotmail.
  10. nah i hate trillian

I dont really use msn much, last night tired for first time in about 6 weeks... illl find something ;)
  11. You twonker. Thunderbird's a generic POP3 email retrieval program. Microsoft has cancelled POP3 access to its hotmail service.
  12. myfastmail.com is a great free webmail.
  13. Open Standards, it lets everybody play ball. Not just the rich.
  14. Or stupid ;)

For multi IM proggies, I use Gaim/Pidgin. http://www.pidgin.im/download/

We (my gf and I) have come to loathe trillian. It doesn't do the most basic thing we want/like which is to display every persons icon/picture they have for their profile/account for any IM service. Trillian only shows the icon/picture if you do an actual "conversation" which the particular account. Having literally hundred(s) of people on each of our lists = big trillian downfall.

So, if you use an "all in one multiple IM client" like Trillian or Pidgin and find you want to see all of the peoples icons/pictures you have at once, try pidgin :grin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pidgin_(software)
  15. Ahhhh you need to get your hands on a copy of Trillian Astra, ( thats if you can get your hands on a copy :wink: ) it gives you your pretty pic.

Yeah ok its not perfect, but what IM program is. All have there good & bad points.
  16. I found GAIM better that trillian, it probably has less features but crashed less.
  17. Ah nice, I'm looking at it now, Build 51. I'll see if it can dethrone Pidgin as "the" client to use imo :grin:

Thanks for the heads up :) I remember when I posted on the Trillian boards (I am a paid member, I do pay for software I believe is worth it and it used to be a long time ago in a galaxy far far away :LOL: )
  18. i recomend yahoo. ive been with em since i had 2 feet and i now have

so, stumpy's birthday is there

records for court are there

years of undealeted emails are there

its a party in my inbox
  19. MS actually stopped the pop and imap service a while ago, on my account anyway, twas a bugger but you get over it... :roll:

Es, use ebuddy, its an online one, but is pretty good.