Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Micro-ride: This Sunday (20th Feb) - Mt. Dandenong

Discussion in 'VIC' started by takagawa, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Micro-group South Eastern 1

This Sunday (20th Feb) for a ride at Mt. Dandenong. The meet point is at cnr Mountain Hwy and Forest Rd at 'The Basin'. There's a small angle carpark opposite the playground, which should be suitable. We'll be leaving there at 10.30a sharp.

The route we will take is down till the end of Mountain Hwy. Turn left, and head northern part of Mt Dandenong Tourist Rd until we reach the roundabout at Swansea Rd.

We'll turn around, head back down Mt. Dandenong Rd towards the southern end. We would reach the end at Burwood Hwy. This bit will be annoying as there's no roundabout nearby, and have to resort to doing a U-turn a little bit down Burwood Hwy. We can try and figure out another way on the day. Once we turn around, we head back up Mt. Dandenong Hwy, and turn left at Mountain Hwy and head back to that carpark.

Take a break, and then we'll rotate everyone, so there will be a new head and tail :). Eventually if we do plan to get through everyone, everyone should have a turn at being the head and the tail. Then we repeat that circuit one more time :).

After another lap, we'll head to the Mt. Dandenong Lookout. It's $2 for motorcycle entry, but you can redeem it back for something in the cafe. We'll have a cool drink and talk about how we went :).

This should all take at least two hours, but I hope to continue even longer if you feel up to it.

Potential hazards to look out for, the last two times I've been there, there's been 'some' gravel or in the northern end of Mt. Dandenong Rd. If we do encounter any, take it easy. There's one partial-blind corner (66 D10) on Mountain Hwy but that should be fine as long as you don't fang it through there. And there's one steep hairpin bend (74 J6). That's pretty much mostly it.

I can't stress how much everyone should read this guide on 'Group Rides', so please at least take a glance through it.

I have to also say this, take it easy on the day. Push yourself is good to help you learn but be reasonable :).

Ride is open to all who wish to practice cornering and improve roadcraft.

Good luck everyone, and I hope to see you on the day.
  2. I'm up for it, but after the ride I'll be heading home to Alexandra past the Black Spur.

10:30am starts good. Will see u there. :wink:
  3. Weather looks good at Mt. D - Mostly sunny 12°C - 21°C. Currenly have three people coming.
  4. make that a -1 from me, somethings come up. :wink:
  5. aww oh well.