Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Michelin Pilot Sporty

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Mike9999, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Hey all,

The Ninja needs some new rear rubber, and Michelin Pilot Sporty is what the dealer is offering to fit. Anyone have any experience/knowledge about them? Can I get away with just fitting a new rear and leaving the old front, as the front still has plenty of tread left?

2. My boss has them on his scooter, you'll be fine. :)
  3. Not the confidence-inspiring reply I was looking for, but thanks
  4. I know, I was stirring. It's an Italjet 180 though, so it's a pretty good scooter.

By all accounts your Ninja won't tax them too much & they should wear pretty well.
  5. I am considering some track days as I will be keeping this bike for a while so after a bit of research the Pirelli Sport Demons have caught my eye, but I will probably just go with the flow and get the Michelins as some decent tyres may be wasted on my n00b self. Ah well, I guess anything is better than the stock IRC "tyres" (if you could call them that).