Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Metzeler M7RR in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by malJohann, Mar 4, 2015.

1. My rear tyre is shot, its an M5 which is not made anymore, replaced by the M7RR. I'm looking for a 160/60R17 in Melbourne, anyone know where I can go?

2. Pick up the phone and call around pretty easy!
  3. Most happy with my M7's!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. So, I'm taking a lunch ride to Pablo's on Tuesday. He's got M7RR's in stock, just not in 160/60R17, but ordered it in. Could have it by tomorrow if I wanted.
  5. I'm only doing the rear, since my M5 at the front still looks very good. Do you think the mismatch would be a problem?
  6. Nope. Just a suggestion but modify your riding to do more stoppies - that way front and rear might wear out at the same time!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. My rear does quite a lot of work actually on top of its usual duties. I use a lot of engine braking (gotta love oversquare high-compression singles for that!), as well as the rear brake for deceleration and balance. So, I'm surprised it lasted this long! Looking forward to the "20% longer life" of the M7RR on top of being the latest/greatest dual-compound in their line-up.
  8. There's some interesting Youtube vidoes on the Motorcycle USA channel where they do a tire shootout. Metzelers M5's rated as best of the B group (Sports tourer).
  9. I've got a newish M7RR on the back and older M5 on the front. No issues at all, but I can't wait to get a M7 front if it's as good as the rear.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. hi , GeorgeO
    could you share the link please?
  11. thanks mate