Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Metalgear Brake Rotors?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by sparz, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

My Brother needs a new front brake rotor disc and rear pads for his gpx250. I was looking up the genuine kawasaki parts and they are about $400. :-O

I did a little bit of searching on here and someone mentioned Metalgear.

The front brake rotor is only $90. Anyone used them know if they're half decent?

2. I have used them and they are ok. I had them on my 636 and they worked fine. I only had it for about a thousand K's after fitting them so I am not sure of their life span.
  3. I just put metal gear pads on my Across, they seem to be fine. You wouldn't want to be putting too much money into a GPX anyway. What i've heard is that Metalgear stuff works fine, just has a shorter service life which i think is still irrelevant considering how cheap they are.
  4. mine had metalgear fronts when i bought it and they're awesome, now has a metalgear rear too. definitely recommend
  5. Sweet guys. Sounds good.

Considering its only a 2 fiddy, i guess they shouldnt be getting too much wear :p
  6. their warehouse is in brendale
    ph 3881 0809
  7. Like this thread, was thinking of replaceing my Daytona front discs with metal gear rotors/discs...

-posting on phone; spelling likely fukd
  8. They had a good rep. Noticed they on ebay now and reasonably priced.
    Metal gear sprockets years ago used to cost a bomb, but they were supposed to last twice as long as any other brand they claimed. I don't know what they are made of now either. High carbon steel? Try planet disk or awesome disks, same sort of deal.
  9. oh wow, i was going to order them online..... I live less than 5 minutes from brendale hahaha!

Thanks for pointing that out