Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Metal Polish?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by sickgm, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Hey All,

I am after a decent metal polish can anybody recommend any that will not send me broke ?

2. I use Autosol - search on that and you'll get heaps of views

3. +1

4. Mothers metal polish, or there is another brand truckies swear by, but I cant remember the name, its an aviation polish and is a blue colour.

5. Autosol and elbow grease will do wonders.

6. i use brasso and silvo because work pays for it.

7. I've always used autosol, I 've also used reflections (australian made if i remember correctly)

For some things I use the Mcguires polish, it's less abrasive, and I think that may be a good thing for plated parts. :)

8. I use Mothers Billet Metal Poilsh. Not the cheapest but a little bit goes a long way.

9. *Sorry, double post.*
    Feel free to delete

10. Caz, you might be thinking of Purple Metal polish. one of the best, but not cheap - evened out by the fact that a little goes a long way. I rarely use anything else - love the stuff :)

11. Yep purple polish it is..
    There is another one on the market called california blue, thats pretty good stuff as well ..

12. I have never heard of, nor seen the purple one, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
    Having said that, both the blue one and the mothers make my kitchen sink sparkle so bright I have to wear sunnies when i cook :p
    (why am I still up at this hour you ask :shock:
    bloody tennis :roll: )

13. I use liquid reflections..

nicewheel2.

14. =P~
    thats awesome

15. That backwheel looks fantastic. I'm thinking of stripping the paint off my wheels and was wondering how much work is involved in maintaining the wheels after. I assume your wheels are bare aluminum, uncoated.
    Was that a professional job?
    I've seen some DIY jobs with paint stripper and a bit of elbow grease that have come up pretty good and thats what I was thinking of doing.

16. it had been professionally polished... but 3 yrs and 30,000km earlier.
    With fully polished wheels it's important not to let water sit on them until it dries, otherwise they're really easy to look after.

I absolutely love the stuff I used, tried autosol and etc, but nothing come close to the finish the liquid reflections did.