Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mesh Jacket in Winter

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by heavyw8, Mar 25, 2005.

1. hi all.

wondering if you think it would be adequate or do some of you wear a mesh jacket during our winter?

are they warm enough not to need a seperate winter jacket also?

cheers
    :)

2. For winter riding, if you leave the liner in all you've got is a wind barrier. You'll need to wear some good insulation under them since they're not generally as well padded or generously cut as an all-year textile jacket.

You then run the risk of the jacket riding up if you've come off, with elbow protection sliding up your arm or the waist band exposing your tender pink stuff.

Textile jackets should be a close fit to avoid this.

3. I have a Spidi mesh jacket. On days that are cooler than say, 23 degs, it gets bloody chilly. On a ride back from Merimbula recently, I had the Spidi on over a jumper, and over that I had a wet weather "overjacket" on for wind protection. It kept me warm and dry, given that it was drizzling all the way to Cann River at around 18-19 degs.

So, for winter riding, well, a winter jacket's the go.

4.  Top
  5. Joe Rocket do make a mesh jack which has a zip out water proof liner and an outer wind proof layer than zips on and off to provide warmth. How warm it is in winter I don't know and it costs around $500. It's basically 3 jackets in one: hot weather mesh jacket, water proof light jacket and heavy weather jacket. Depending on what you zip on and off.

ciao
    Derek.