Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Men waste 6 million hours not asking for directions

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by TLA, Mar 16, 2006.

1. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,18488036%5E29677,00.html

AFP
    March 16, 2006

BRITISH male drivers waste nearly six million hours a year lost on the road because they are reluctant to ask for directions, a study has revealed.

Men who are lost wait an average of 20 minutes before giving up and asking for directions, while women only wait 10 minutes before seeking help, according to a survey from Royal Automobile Club Direct Insurance.

Men even endure a "nagging period" of about 10 minutes from their partner before throwing in the towel and stopping to ask the way, the poll showed.

2. No truer words, have I heard :shock:

3. So why didn't the headline read "Women waste 3 Million hours a year not asking for directions and another 3 Million (and then some) nagging"??

:p

4. It should just be "Women Waste 3 Million Hours a Year Nagging"

5. What they don't mention is that the directions given are hopeless and lead to getting even more lost. Men know this, asking directions is just quitting.

Statistically, due to men persevering longer they actually get there sooner in the end because they don't get lost from weirdo directions.

Its a story as old as hares and tortoises, perseverance always wins in the end.

:driver:

6. well said :D :LOL:

7. never would happen if they were riding a :biker:
    hehehe :LOL: :grin: :grin:

8. I'm someone who will stop and ask for directions. About 5 times out of 10 I was already on the right way there, just hadn't gone far enough yet.

3 times out of 10 the person I asked had no clue where I wanted to go anyway, so was of no help.

1 time out of 10 the person knew where I wanted to go, but gave directions so confusing that I may as well have not bothered asking.

The final time out of 10 was actually helpful.

So for me, statistically, 9 times out of 10 I would have been better off simply not stopping to ask.

...and then women wonder why men don't stop to ask for directions...