Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Men riding in women's clothing

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Athman, Apr 14, 2007.

1. During easter I decided to buy some Draggins. I took three pairs into the changing rooms. The first pair fitted really well but, oh-no, I noticed they were women's jeans. So I tried on every other style in the shop, even cargo pants, but nothing could beat those comfy black women's draggins. Eventually I went to the counter and said "I'll have this pair" and put the others back on the shelf. When I came back I overheard the two guys behind the counter in serious conversation, with grim looks, saying "We can't sell these to him.". The sales guy looked up and said "I'm sorry, you can't buy these jeans, they're a women's cut." I explained that I'd put them on by mistake and then tried everything else in the shop but they were the only ones that really fit. Anyway, apart from the removable label, there's nothing that identifies them as women's jeans, so no-one will know.

The rest of the transaction was completed in slience. I think our tacit understanding was that a man selling women's clothes to another man, especially in a motorcycle shop, is a clear violation of the Bloke's Code. Buy hey, it is hard to find really comfortable jeans, so if we just get through this quickly and don't talk about it, then it should be ok.

Just to be sure, I went for a ride in the Dandenongs that afternoon. I found they didn't affect the masculinity of my riding in any way, so I think I'm in the clear.

2. It's OK Athman, most of the clothing cuts these days are unisex anyway ... and as you say, nobody will notice.

Having said that, my draggins are in need of retirement. So I will be on the lookout for a pair of combat urbans and a pair of blue jeans.

Should the salesman blush and point out that they are womens jeans I will casually ask if they come with matching handbag and stiletos. :shock:

Steve :)
  3. i am not a man not yet a woman :eek:
  4. He he... I once had a pair of cargo pants (back when they were cool) and loved em. One day a friend of mine (female) said "HEY! I have those exact same pants"!.. Ohhhhh noes... I denied it straight out and told her she was crazy. Got home that arvo and checked them out only to discover they were ladies pants.. Needless to say, I never wore them again. It was college, kids are mean, wasn't worth the efforts.

Long story short, I can relate to ladies trousers (on occasions) fitting rather nicely :) !

Thanks for sharing, gave me a good laugh... I can just imagine teh dude at teh counter. "Awkwards" :LOL: :grin:
  5. Once upon a time, the only place (in Melbourne) to buy your leathers was at Mars in Elizabeth St. The salesman went to the "Mr Humphries" school of customer service and he'd measure your inside leg "just to make sure the jacket fits nicely". I suspect that asking for women's clothing would have got you a discount, possibly dinner and a show.

Clearly the Draggin's people have a lot to learn.
  6. When I walked in the door after my 'affirmation of masculinity ride' my wife commented, without knowing any of the background, that my new jeans looked good. Thats the first genuine, unsolicited compliment I've had from her for a while, so hey maybe I'm on to something here
  7. Pardon my ignorance, but don't ladies' blouses button up on the opposite side to mens' shirts? And don't ladies' trousers reverse the zipper? (This from a person who does 99% of the Hornet household washing and has never bothered to look :roll:).

Anyway, to carry on the 'Mr Humpheries' theme, 'Not that there's anything wrong with that!' :LOL:.
  8. :LOL: well apart from advertising it on a public forum !

Nah seriously, as others have said, many styles & cuts are designed as unisex clothing with only the "label" being the difference.

Sideline - Chairman, did you visit Mr Humphries often :wink: :p
  9. My shirts all button at the front and so do my girlfriend's. Are you sure you Mrs Hornet isn't wearing her clothes back to front?

Damnit. All those years of trying to undo women's zippers and finally I find out they're left-handed. No wonder I never had any success. Lucky I didn't over-torque any of them (or worse still, strip them completely)
  10. SO tempting..... :LOL:.
  11. so which draggins did you get?
  12. The mens and womens are a different cut, but there's not that much in it.
    Sold a few pairs to guys cos they fit their shape better. The camo's, inc the purple are a mens cut, so it doesn't really mean much :)

Had one guy who lived 2 hours away bring a jacket back. Even though it fit perfectly, someone had labelled it wrong and he thought it was a womans, so he bought it all the way back to the store. Had to show him the differences with the zips before he'd believe me and take it home again.
  13. As long as we don't see Athman riding around in an outfit like this...I'm fine with it!

14. Now that's hot Muppeteer!

I too have been trying on womans jacket/pants when it comes to riding gear because I simply couldn't find anything that fits properly in the mens range. Though apart from the tag/sizing you couldn't really tell them apart.

I don't see anything wrong with that as long as you are comfortable in it, not to mention it will also keep you warm and save your skin :)
  15. Hope her knickers are made of kevlar
  16. Yeah you wouldnt want to come off in that! But i imagine alot of road users were getting off!
  17. Don't wear girls stuff its so uncool... :shock:
  18. It would be fun to try on at the bike shop and ask the obvious question ...

"Does my bum look big in this?"
  19. hmmm, i wonder if this comes in my size?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

mmm, purdy.
  20. Is there much difference in teh suit cuts?