Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melted Fairing.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Ryker1, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Howdy all,

I own a Ninja 650rl 2010. Went for a ride last weekend wasn't a really hot day 27 degrees maybe, hooked up with a few mates and went for a quick 30 min run up our favourite go to road. Stopped at the shop had a drink for about 15 mins, then 30 mins home.

Upon getting home a mate noticed that my fairing had bubbled, on closer inspection it is right where the bottom hose of the radiator comes close to the fairing.

Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and should this be covered under warranty? Being that I am on a Lams bike and only a novice incapable over ringing its neck.

Interested in hearing from ya's

2. Never heard of that as an issue but some fairings do have foam for heat shield on the inside of the fairings. Is there evidence that there was some that came off.
  3. It shouldnt do that and should be covered under warranty. Take it back.
  4. Hmm didn't look to see if any had fallen off but, was wasn't any there. Will have a look tonight.
  5. Don't touch or move anything yourself, that could kill your warranty. Take it back.