Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melby newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Germaine, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Hi guys, already posted a couple of times but never formally introduced myself :)

I'm Germaine and fairly new to motorcycles but am loving them! Have been doing heaps of readings and have gotten a fairly good picture of the basics but am definitely excited to learn more about bikes :)

Looking in getting a second hand cbr250RR, though a guy told me to look for 1994 or 1995 models, where I'm guaranteed to get parts unlike the other models, so gonna look up more into this matter.

Other than that, am happy to be on this forum! Everybody is really friendly and supportive! Will be interested in being guided by a mentor after I get my bike (most likely to be in February, as I"m going away for holidays in January) and later on I hope to meet up with the other NR members :)

Germy!!! :D
  2. Welcome to Netrider!

I think 1994 was one of the last years (if not the last year) that CBR250RRs were made. Anything with a date after that is probably either 'release year' (for 1995/1996) or 'compliance year' (where the bike was grey market imported and first converted to Australian release specs)

As for parts, there are plenty
  3. Welcome to NR.. :grin: