Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne, ZXR250, yo!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Sprkle, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Hey guys and gals. figured id intro myself.
    Im jesse, late 20's long time in love with bikes but never made the jump to get one untill recently. Bought myself a ZXR250 fixer-upper thats actually in pretty awesome condition mechanically, just getting a fuel system flush atm (old tank had rust and fcuked the system... new tank in though)
    Ill be keen to ride anywhere at anytime. recently left my job due to stress so i have a load of free time over summer. sat my learners ASAP with no experience, apart from jumping on a crappy GS125 for about 10 mins, and then about another 20 mins on the ZXR when i bought it.
    i love racing, and love the MotoGP and WSBK. keen to get into the ASBK next year too (watchnig)
    once i learn how to not be shit, i want to race as well. will start out with cali superbike school and track days for a while, though
    im hugely into old school jap cars (hence my interest in 80s/early 90s jap bikes) so i run a club for them as well.
    you can find me on Facebook under Jesse Risk/Sparklemotion

2. Welcome Jesse, come along to Saturday morning practice and say hello. Generally there is a ride in the arvo leaving from practice.
  3. hey mate, may be keen. where is this practice/whats it about? havent had a chance to scour the forums properly yet so excuse my ignorance
  4. Hi it is down next to the Marina in Elwood/St Kilda behind the BP service station. The first post in the thread below has all the details.

[Saturday] 10am Basic Skills Practice
  5. Welcomee aboard and agree with Chris, get to Elwood sat prac session's are valuable