Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne - Trailer for Track Day

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Pleiades, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Hey all. First post, w00t, etc.

I've a track day at the Island in a few weeks, there are three of us going down together. In the past I've hired a trailer from a servo, but they're crap if you have more than one sports bike (wheel arch fouls fairing, bikes next to each other rub fairing and bars, etc).

Can anyone suggest where I might hire a trailer that properly fits three sports bikes (K8 GSX-R 1000, K5 GSX-R 750, and 2005 ZX10R)?

2. Depends on where in Melbourne you are based. Trades Plus on Williamstown road, Yarraville have decent bike trailers to hire, with wide tracks for road bikes, at a reasonable cost. I doubt you will get one big enough to hold 3 sports bikes though.... :)

3. I think you'll be pushing you know what up you know where trying to find a bike trailer that will accomodate 3 sports bikes, let alone one to hire.
    2 on a trailer and a van or ute towing it for the 3rd I would suggest, or two trailers.

4. My friends hired a 3 bike trailer. carried a cbr250, cbr954 and a r1.

5. Cool. Any idea from where?

I'm in inner north of Melb, one other guy is over Richmond way, the last at Wantirna.

6. You have to be careful with trailers and road bikes. Most trailers, specifically bike ones, are only rated to about 500kg. Which is alright for 3 dirt bikes...but 3 road bikes is 100kg over capacity.

7.  Top