Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne to ............ don't know!!!

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by ROAMER, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Well fellow riders,
    I've got 2 weeks off work, so 3 years planned trip is about to become reality. It will start Sunday 24th or Monday 25th. Route as follows:

Day 1 : Melbourne - Alexandra - Mansfield - Whitfield - Oxley - Myrtleford - Tallangatta - Corryong - Kanchoban - Jindabyne - Cooma

Day 2: Cooma - Bega - Narooma - along the coast to Sydney

Day 3: Sydney - up the coast - don't know how far I will get, but I have another 2-3 days of riding before I make a U turn and head back.

I will be camping somewhere along the route, depending where evening catches up with me, and what is the closest camping area.

Mobile is 0400 581 669 if you wanna meet.

I'm open for all route/meeting/ travel along suggestions!
  2. Hey you should hook up with Rosie V7, she's doing similar trip over 2 weeks.
  3. Hey Roamer - I'll put your mobile in mine...highly likely we'll cross paths somewhere along the way. :) Pity you're leaving one/two days before me.. but oh well - you gotta make the most of the time you have. So have a great time!

When do you have to be back in Melbourne?

All the best and Merry Christmas!

4. He he I was just typing a message for you. it would be nice to travel along for some time.
  5. I don't know when I'll be back, I don't know how far I'll go, I don't even know where I'm going. This is one of those trips - you go where road takes you.
  6. Yep..I know - it's the best way to do it. :) I'd rather just get on the bike and go...anywhere but here!
  7. You might want to check if the Whitfield - Mansfield road is open when you intend to do that run Roamer with the fire situation going on at present.

Use the links on the thread in the Hazardous roads section to check for road closures.
  8. getting all Zen on us are we? bastard I am jealous. :mad:
  9. :dance: Hey....you going tomorrow...er ..I mean today? :grin: