Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne Radar taken to with a pack of derwents

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by DuHAST, Mar 16, 2005.

1.  Top
  2. Well, at least there's no blue, green, yellow or red on there. That's the main thing they got right... :p

3. i dunno i think they did a good job with the light and dark browns ;)

4. I noticed that last week. Thought I was at the wrong site!! I kind of like it and i am sure we can get use to it soon enough when the colours get darker with the cooler weather coming up.

5. The old site colors just didn't print right so hopefully these background colors work better.

6. I like the fact that there are now sixteen grades rather than only six/seven. I thought there was only six grades anyway - not raining, very light rain, light rain, rain, heavy rain, f*#king bucketing it down.

7. I wonder if it can now detect rain better...

lol, I thought I was the only one who checked the radar, must be a bike thing.

Cagers don't check their mirrors, let alone the radar

8. For you hightly advanced riders who use WAP... the Victorian radar is available at
    http://telstra.wni.co.jp/premium/cgi/radar.cgi?station=02

9. WTF? what kind of a waste of bandwidth and memory is this thread?

10. I liked the old colours better, but I can see the advantage of having more sensitive increments... so I guess I'm... undecided :)

11. I'm offended by that.

1. I mirror & head check,
    2. Watch the radar in the background on the work laptop if it's a wet day to decide when to dash out to the car so I don't get wet.

Once you get the hang of how it works it's actually quite a good tool.