Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne Old Bike Mechanic

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Eatingmaplesyrup, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I'm wondering if you know of a good motorcycle mechanic in Melbourne that will work on older Sport bikes. I have called the usual guys that people mention here and no one seems willing to do more than basic work. Although I'm chasing a carby balance immediately I'm looking for someone that I can take to do more involved repairs/service in the future.

The bike to be worked on is an 1988 FZR1000.

2. The guys at Melbourne Motorcycle Fairings in Spotswood do a decent job, I've taken all my bikes there over the past five years, carby and fuel injected bikes and can't really fault their work.
  3. Jap Spec in brunswick should be able to help you out.

However, if you're sticking with a bike of that vintage it'd be well worthwhile learning to do everything yourself. It will get very expensive otherwise.
  4. There are reputable mechanics north, east and west - where are you located?
  5. If you are in the North then Dr Bob's Bike Surgery in Hurstbridge. He loves his carby bikes and in his stable has a six cylinder, six carburettor CBX1000. Anybody who can balance that is worthy of note. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Great, I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks.
    I will get in touch with the.
    Absolutely, I do most of the basic stuff if I have the right tools- don't have the gauges for carby balancing. I will need valve clearances done in the future and I cannot afford to get those wrong- trying to find mechanics interested in this era bike when work comes up I'm just not capable of.

Located in Port Melbourne but work in eastern suburbs. Lots of reputable mechanics around...ones willing to work on these bikes not so many.

I'm not but I'm willing to take my bike distance if I can find the right mechanic. Thanks for the suggestion I will give him a buzz. Hahaha that's all the advertisement he needs right there!