Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by MAP74, May 23, 2009.

1. Hey all, I'm Mark.

Very recently bought myself a VTR250. I'm on my L's, which feels a bit silly for a thirty something guy but it's better late then never.

I've taken it out quite a few times so far and always get home with a massive grin.

I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from everyone here and maybe catch up for a ride in the future.

2. Welcome to NR Mark ..

I'm a 42 yr old on her L's :grin: ...
    it's never to late , ur never too old :roll:

Enjoy :wink:
  3. Don't worry about the age thing. I've moved around the World a bit and arrived in Oz in the early 2000's and had to get re-licensed for reasons I won't go into here. I was then nearly 50 and re-started on a new VTR. They're great bikes and of the current crop of 250's I think they're possibly unique in that you won't get too bored too quickly. The motor is torquey and is good for 145 - 150 Kms/hr on a good day.
    Our VTR has been passed down to my 24 year old son who is now ready to progress to something a bit more powerful. It has 20 thou clicks on the clock and has not given a moments trouble.
    My youngest son will start to ride in a year or so and we will keep the bike in the family. i just don't think you can do better.

So - enjoy the bike - enjoy riding and stay safe
  4. Welcome to NR Mark :)
  5. Welcome!

Just come off my L's recently and I'm 40, so your definately not on your own. :grin:

Check out the rides upcoming, esp the learner friendly one's that Brownyy & Chris are organising. They are alot of fun and you'll learn alot on the day as well as meet some great people!.

Enjoy the 2wheels

6. welcome mate
  7. welcome to NR, enjoy your riding and stay safe
  8. Welcome Mark

Never too old mate.... hope to see you on ta road one day. :grin: :grin: