Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne - New rider (almost)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Bain, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Hi All,

Figured id introduce myself. Everyone calls me Bain, im 33 years old and live in Melbourne (South East).

Ive recently changed jobs and figured now was as good a time as any to get my motorbike license. Ive always been fond of the old school 50's Harley bobbers so after a bit of research I came across a site www.bluecollarbobbers.com that did bobber kits for all types of bikes.

After looking around on the net for quite some time, I came across the below bike.

Its a 2008 Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom with 15k km's on the clock. It has a few mods as well - lowered, Vans & Hines pipes, Kuryakyn Hypercharger, K-Drive Click mount saddlebags.

I went out today to have a look at the bike and fell in love with it. Suffice to say, a deposit was put down and ill be picking it up next week (sunday).

Now to get my license! (booked for tuesday) and buy some riding gear!

2. Mate that's one hot looking bike! Congrats
  3. A very nice lookin bike. Best of luck on Tuesday.
  4. Hi Bain and welcome to NR
  5. Nice lookin bike Brian, congrats and welcome!!
  6. Thanks all!

Wellipassed both the theory and practical today.

Can't wait to pick up my bike on Sunday!
  7. Welcome to NR. (y)

Love your Bike. But maybe I'm biased. :)

Hope to see you on some NR rides in the future.
  8. I'll be along on some NR rides once I've gotten a few hours of quiet streets riding under my belt :)