Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melbourne] Location of motorcycle gear shops

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by seefu, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    As title suggests, I would like to know where all the motorcycle gear shops are.

I am currently here on holiday and have my sister's car to drive around. I've explored the shops on Elizabeth Street (Peter Stevens, Spot On, Ray Quincey and a couple others) and they all seem to be lacking in the GEAR department.
    By gear, I'm talking Kevlar jeans and boots.

I am after the locations of where all the shops are that have a good range of gear (for women too)

Cheers, Sandy
  2. AMX are located at a few places. Nothing but gear.
  3. Did you check out the Peter Stevens clearance centre on Abeckett St Melbourne (Also one in Ferntree Gully i think) or just the shop on Elizabeth St.
    +1 to amx too.
  4. AMX No frills lots of gear (draggin etc for both sexes. No Alpinetars, Dainese or other upmarket brands)
    Western suburbs Amx 31 Keilor Park Drive, Keilor Park 3042 03 9331 5050
    Eastern suburbs Amx 477 Dorset Road, Bayswater 3153 03 9729 8000 &
    550 South Gippsland Hwy, Lynbrook 3975 03 8787 8700
    Draggin jeans factory outlet (open mon-fri 9am - 5:30pm)
    Unit 11, 9 Woolboard Rd, Port Melbourne VIC 3207 P: (03) 9646 0377
    Ride'N Rockets (Lots of gear available)
    514 Lygon Street Brunswick East Victoria 3057 Australia P: 03 9384 0044
    Evolution Yamaha (some gear)
    342 Cooper Street, Epping, VIC 3076 (03) 9401 0000

These should keep you busy for the next few days.
    If you need more choices post up or alternatively the www is the biggest gear shop.

There are also 4 threads listed below as similar threads which should all be of help to you too.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Elizabeth street was lacking in kevlar jeans?? Are you sure you had a good look??
  6. Xtreme Design Clothing at 3/8 Elm Park Dr, Hoppers Crossing.

Bit of a drive out of the city but they do have boots and kevlar jeans of their own brand, and being a manufacturer/importer their prices are quite good.
  7. Yeah I was thinking that, last time I was there they had the whole Draggin's range plus some other brands, did you go upstairs????
  8. hehe, we did go to peter stevens but didn't realise that there was an upstairs... not used to double story shops coming from Darwin.
    Checked out ringwood today. May go back there after we check out AMX on monday/tuesday.

Service at the bike shop near A1 Motorcycles and the Honda/Ducati was exceptional and the Peter Stevens service there is alot better than Elizabeth Street too.

Thanks for the input guys!
  9. The yamaha store a few doors down from PS has an upstairs accessories section.
  10. AMX is definitely the first port of call when I want to buy stuff - then elsewhere such as Yamaha City on Elizabeth.
  11. Sweet as. Thanks for the replies. We're heading to AMX this morning.