Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne Kwaka Grease Monkey

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by FALCON-LORD, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Just got my bike back after my first service.

I looked at the bill and almost fell over, thinking it was a bit steep. Like really steep… then I got on the bike, keeping my mouth shut at the time.

My first thoughts… Is this really my bike?
    The clutch was so light I almost thought the cable had snapped. The throttle was also lighter. Then I got some revs on and it was smooth… Really smooth. I loved my ZZR when I got it, but now it is just so much better.

I noticed on the way home that the horn was a bit dodgy, then next morning it was not dodgy, it was simply not working. I took the bike back, and they had a look. ”no it wasn’t us, we don’t even take off the front fairing” But he had a look, and fixed the problem (No cost)

So yeah the mechanic was a bit gruff, but the service was good, and the outcomes great. I will be taking my bike back to Cosway.
  2. This is EXACTLY what I am getting at! You have to pay for time, and it takes time to do things properly.
    Good to see there is at least one decent tradesman/business around, makes me proud! Most decent tradesmen are gruff, it's because they are usually very busy, or unhappy with not achieving perfection every time.
    I bet the next time you go there, they will do as good a job, and the price won't be so bad.

Regards, Andrew.
  3. Or you could just learn to do it yourself...
    Not exactly brain surgery.
  4. Yeah but that means having a fully eqipt shed, the time and the inclination. I want my bike time to be spent in the sadle, not in the cowlings.

I definately have to improve my Mechanicle knowledge along the way, but at the end of the day I have a bike to ride, not to work on.

If I wan'ted a bike to work on... I'd buy a Harly :p
  5. Fascinating to read some positive kudos for Cosways...

The planets must be in retrograde... PS gets praise... then Cosways... who next???
  6. Hmmm, i am glad you are happy with them. My bike came from there and had its first service there and thats the end of that topic..
  7. I use floyd parkes in ferntree gully. bills vary but run around the $250 - 300 mark. curious to compare- was the service a specific mileage one or just time to get it done. Agree with your comment re DIY servicing. I got the manuals to help with the general care and keep an eye on what the mechanic tells me.