Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne F1.

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by oztom, Mar 26, 2010.

1. On my way home this afternoon and it’s like dodgem cars around the city with people trying to see through the fences to see the cars.

But I was on Hoddle St when the fighter jet was doing the circuit, I saw two car crashes before I was coming up on some lights where I was going to stop and have a look at it myself. I had a look at the mirrors to see the two guys looking out the window of their car for the plane, including the driver.

I gunned past the car in front just as I hear the crunch behind me.

The cagers are bad at the best of times, but when they are looking in the sky we may as well just fall off and save them hitting us.
  2. I thought you were going to say 'be careful on Lakeside Drive... there are some idiots in sports cars doing 300kmh'. ;)
  3. indeed, me too :rofl:

just remember, as we sadly saw this week in Sydney, that even if you pull over to answer your phone, or watch the cars, you may not necessarily be safe :(.

4. Did you see them too?

They kept shaking their fists at me when I was overtaking them.

5. You've got to be careful trackside as well..

If any of you saw the GT race pile up on Saturday if you watch carefully you see a marshal ducking for cover on the left as a million dollars worth of damage slides past in pieces, that would've been me.

Got to meet Vic in Pit Lane finally after years of trying and got a great laugh when John Smailes on the on course TV broadcast used him as an example of a finely tuned security guard when attempting to explain the extra 120kg of fuel ballast the F1 cars would be carrying this year.