Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Melbourne Airport parking

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by philmydang, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Does anyone know what the situation with MC parking at melbourne airport is now? As far as I know I have to pay the same rate as a car - heading to sydney for a week and was thinking about leaving the bike somewhere and doing a sneaky around the boomgates on the way out. Anyone done this recently? Or should I just find one of those offsite secure parks with shuttle service?

2. Just park it there, but seriously a week

Get a taxi and leave the bike in the garage at home

At least it will be there when you get home, can't say the same for the airport

But if you do park there just go around the jiggers, been doing this now almost daily for 8-9years now
  3. #3 smee, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  4. sorry about that I did use search but I must've missed the recent posts, all the ones I found dated back a few years. I ended up going with an offsite secure parking mob, 40 bucks for the week, garaged w/ video surveillance and still cheaper than a taxi ride to the airport.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Even the Long Term at the airport is cheaper than a taxi.
  6. I have been parking at the airport for free for years now. even with the new ominous signs up I still dont pay. ride around the barrier, park it, then when you wanna go out, head towards the rental car exit...... easy as.

been visiting my kids in hobart for 8 years and have NEVER got a ticket

phuck em

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have staff parking at sydney airport, but with the bike we just ride around the the gates and park in the normal car park.
  8. how far is that car park from MELBOURNE AIRPORT?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Correct, But I was just a suggestion that we get away with it at one place, so scope it out at his joint really.
  10. #11 smee, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    if you read the thread and the links to the other threads then the OP could make a better decision than try something that may work in sydney.

edit, I was also mentioned in the countless threads on this topic as well.