Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Who braved the rains this morning?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Slider, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Okay, time to draw the line in the sand...who jumped in the car this morning and who stayed true :wink:

I had to, the RGV is my only form of transport :D
    Boy did I get a soaking :cry:
  2. i caught the train :D!
    then it was sunny all afternoon!
  3. I had my fogg off and full dri rider outfit on..

Arrived dry as a bone and enjoyed every minute.. same as every other day of the year..

What difference does the weather make - it's still better than being in a cage..

4. mememememe i did i did. I had trade skewl today so i thought fcuk it i'll be late to skewl and wait for the rain to stop, by 10 it hadn't stopped. so i had to just go it. wasnt too bad with the dryrider gear.
  5. Not me . I had an appointment with my doctor about my elbows . If i had of walked in with my riding gear on , well let6s just say i was in the right place to be fixed up after he finished with me :? .
  6. I did, from Stud Rd right through to Kings Way.
    Traffic was moving SO slow, and the rain didnt want to let up at all.
    Cant decide what was worse though, not knowing whether to leave sunnies off or on, or my very wet feet (so need new boots)

Although it was rather nice of the guy i was working for today (doing temp work) he put my dri-riders on a chair and set up a small blow heater onto them to dry them out, he even kept checking them and moving them to make sure they completely dried :D

7. Yup got to work and got all the "hey bob is it raining" comments

then after peeling of my gear they where all amazed at the fact i was 100% dry underneath......

not going to tell em my gloves are still sitting on the heater drying out as i type

:LOL: :twisted: :LOL:
  8. Mate no need to tell us WE KNOW :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers 8)

Oh and how is the bling factor going on the Red Beast
  9. What are you lot doing riding on the wet filthy roads, anyway?
    Is having a bike anything other than pristine & shiny cool?
    I don’t think so.
    Now get those bikes cleaned & polished you die hard riders.
  10. no time for that there's riding to be done !!

bloody tractor riders :LOL: :p
  12. only form of transport at the moment is the bike so rain, snow or sun i'm wearing out that rear tyre like were suppose to :p:p
  13. and no time to oil the chain coz there is no need to at the moment coz the water is keeping everything lubricated at the minute :LOL:

Cheers 8)
  14. Hear hear. What he said.
  15. No it isn't.

It's days like this and last night I'm glad I drive a car to work, and have a car park as the bottom 7 floors of the building in the city.
  16. rode to work in the rain , rode home in the rain .
  17. Took the car, gave the bike the big wash and polish on the weekend and wanted it looking good for another couple of days. In hindsight, the bike would have been a better option instead of the 90 minutes in the car on the Westgate yesterday after the five car stack on the bridge. Normal trip time is less than 20 minutes.
  18. Dude, I hope you waved to me as I cruised past ya! :p
  19. Always ride in any weather regardless. I figure I should keep my wet riding skills practiced. There will probably be times when the day starts nice, go for a ride, and then get caught in a storm. If I keep practiced it won't phase me (I may slow, but that is it). If I only practice dry riding then I may be timid or uncomfortable riding if I get caught in rain - which will not translate positively to wet riding.
  20. nope i took the cage.... wasn't worth the hassle and still pretty new to wet weather riding