Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Whifield ride, Saturday 24th September

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Sir Skuffy, Sep 5, 2005.

1. The ride has been brought back to life

Morning all,

I am planning on doing a ride Saturday 24th Sept, depending on the weather.

Depart Geelong 7:00am and go through to Whitfield pub for lunch via:
    King Lake
    Black Spur
    Whifield run......

Have lunch at the pub and then turn around and come home. Trying some new tyres out Dunlop 208GP's

Will do it alone, just wondering if people want to tag along. Wont be stopping except for fuel.

2. Looks like the weather will be in the 20's on saturday.
  3. supposed to be a late shower on friday and rain over the weekend but thats the BOM so should be fine.
    Anyways sounds like a plan, should be able to join you
  4. Hey Shabby, dont jinx me.......

Would be great to have you along. Looking forward to saturday. Damn it, only Monday at the moment...... :cry: :LOL:
  5. I have a day off!!! \:D/ I'm there!! Practicing my weight shift just doesn't seem right around the suburban streets of Melbourne :oops: I *really* need to get my riding mojo back :shock:

:D :D :D
  6. Can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing this weekend. If I can't remember by Sat, I might join ya too. Will meet at/just before King Lake though, as I'm not riding for two hours on highways and freeways only to turn around and come back the same way! (particularly @ 6am!)
  7. 15c and windy on Saturday.
    I agree with Tenoq i'm not starting from Geelong but will start somewhere before king lake.
    Any ideas on a 2nd meet point, Macca's maybe at springy and welly road? or even in King Lake?
  8. Dont worry, plenty of time to work out a meeting point.

Now, boys, make sure to pack nappies for yourselves as you are wining before the ride even started..... :LOL: :cry: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Men, ... Ooops, I am one.... Ahhhh Crap :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. :LOL:

I get enough freeway crap during the week... and on the way to ride meet points. ;)
  10. What are you saying Tenoq....... :eek: :eek: You dont like freeways :eek: :eek:

You dont like the true essense of motorcycling..... :eek: Droning along the freeway in formation :eek: :eek: :eek: How can you call yourself a real 1% biker..... :( :( You sad sad individual :? :?

Now, will the real Mitch step forward.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  11. Re: Whifield ride Saturday, 10th September

Going to be a long ride isn't it??

Alexandria is a suburb in Sydney isn't it :LOL:

Alexandra (VR Map 62D5) is probably what you mean :p

Have fun, sounds like a good weekend for it.

Although if the past two years are anything to go by it should hail in Springvale mid Sunday arvo. Well it has the past two years during the running of the Sandown 500 so we'll try for three in a row.
  12. Hey Pvda...

Dude, it is correct. That is why I am leaving at 6:00am... We heading into Sydney by the back roads...... :LOL: :cry: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: SLAP SLAP.. WAKEUP.....

It will be a good ride...... :LOL: :LOL:
  13. Hey Pvda,

Why cant you make the ride?
  14. if the weather looks good, i'm there. that is, if my shoulders wanna recover from the pasting i gave them on the weekend :oops: stupid sportsbikes, i wanna slap the biatch that invented this crappy riding position and tiny little bars :evil:

now ummm, being that this is a fairly long ride, and skuff being the macho 'no stopping except to sleep' type rider that he is, will we be making special stops for those of us that can only hope for a touch over 200k to a tank? i was half a pinch away from that on the weekend because some idiot wasn't watching the odometer :oops:
  15. Coconuts,

For you, we will make the occassional refueling stops..... I will call Mobil and tell them the moving fuel tanker wont be required as we will actually stop to refuel :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Be good to see you
  16. hahaha :LOL: i just figured that big assed bike can probably carry enuff fuel to get it from one end of aus to the other :D and its not that i didn't have ample opportunity to fill the bike on the weekend either, i was just wearing my stupid cap so i plain forgot about it :roll:

sounds like a good ride, cant wait to see if i can ride within sight of the mighty skuff though some twisties :wink:
  17. You need more bikes (more options)...
  18. Alright, blatant naked bike rider question here, and ready for the flames!
    SURELY the riding position of the super-sports bike MUST be uncomfortable to the point of detracting from enjoyment of riding?? I mean we've already had a thread or two about ineffectual mirrors....
    I'm not criticising, just asking. Even if they have relatively small tanks and you have to stop to refuel fairly often, isn't there a little voice in the back of the head that says "Oh dear, more discomfort!" when you're about to get back on??
    (Jealous naked bike rider, I might add.....) lol
  19. Sheeeesh Coconuts,

I am not that quick...... :oops:

Just come for a ride and lets have a good and safe day out...... Remember all, ride to have and be safe......