Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Melb] Western Subs Coffee

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by Chairman, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Late notice, I know, but I can't think more that 24hours in advance.

Cafe Aroma (has dedicated m/cycles only parking out the front!)
    98 Watton St Werribee 3030 (opposite Raphaels)

I'll be there at 6.30 Monday 7 March. Scumbag recommends the coffee.

2. werribee is a little too western ;)

inner west would be nice(r)

3. well im @ wrk if not i would b there.its a good idea

4. <bump>

This message used to be too short but now it isn't.

5. I'll come down, although I think it might have to be in the car - still having problems with the bike.

Edit: actually, I'll be there about 7pm - will still be at work at 6.

6. What????? Racecourse Rd, Citylink, Westgate, Werribee offramp, coffee, Westgate, under the Bolte to Montague St and double back to Citylink. 40k round trip with 3 - count'em - 3 nice 100kph+ sweepers on the on/offramps (5 if, on the way home, you get off at Footscray Road, hang a u-turn and come back up the onramp to the the outbound leg of Citylink. Add 2 more if you take the Ringroad Exit from the Westgate, double back at Bourndary Rd and another 2 on the way home if you do the same.

That's 9 great corners, just for the price of a cup of coffee!

<Sigh> I'll see if I can move Werribee a bit closer

7. Stick with what you called for today, at least. Anyone who shows up can cast a vote for the future venue (or you, who organised it, can simply dictate it - its all the same to us).

Either way, I promise faithfully to show up tonight.

8. Well, the Inaugural Western Suburbs Coffee Night DID in fact happen. Thanks to Mark for organising it - now just make it regular. Cafe Aroma's barman or whatever he is - he's a bike enthusiast, so he's quite happy to see bikes down there.

9. Would I have to get a flannelette-patterned leather jacket to stop in Werribee? :shock:

I'll tryo to make the next one Mark, trying to shake off this flu which is making riding with a full-face really interesting. :roll:

:D :D :D

10. No, the flannelette is a Footascray thing, also featuring in Broadmeadows.

Werribee I recommend extra armour in your bike gear and a good insurance policy.

11. Sorry I couldn't make the first night fellas. I will do my best to try and get down to another if it is going to be organised again.

Probably just ride the bicycle down though. I can also vouch for the Coffee at Cafe Aromas.

12. Flannelette is very passe in Werribee. Alpine Star make a nice boot (the style is called "Footscray"). Who'd have though a mocassin boot would work?

Sneezy Rider

13. If you were opening a cafe in Werribee, would you really want to call it Aroma? :shock: :-k

14. Sorry guys didn't make it, didn't know about it. Obvisously not scanning the forums enough. Will be there next week for sure!

Cheers

Wingnutt

15. I will lob up this monday night (In flanni's and moccasins of course!!) to see if this is on again.

Say 6:30-7:00?

16.  Top
  17. Once again, dear friends, the Western Suburbs Coffee Night is on:

Monday night (21 March) 7.00 onward
    98 Watton St
    Werribee 3030

Melway 205 K8

Any Netriders west of Gabo Island are most welcome.

18. I'll be there straight after work ......... 12.30 am :cry:

19. There'll be a polystyrene cup on the doorstep - just slide some loose change under the door :LOL: Or, if you like, we could all ride over and a deliver a coffee to your workplace.

20. Just keeping this alive....

Western Suburbs Coffee Night is on:

Monday night (21 March) 6.30 onward
    98 Watton St
    Werribee 3030

Melway 205 K8